Fighting Polygon Team

Guild Forum for Fighting Polygon Team on the Barthilas server of WoW
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dismeeir
Admin
avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-04-16
Location : In your forum, deleting your posts

PostSubject: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Ok, we are literally besieged by alts at the moment and I'm putting in new rules to help fix this.

All main characters (whichever one you play the most) are allowed a period of 1 month inactivity. If you go beyond one month without contact or posting on the forums why you arent playing, you will be assumed to have quit, and kicked.

For every level your alt is, you are allowed half the level in unplayed time, rounded down. So, if your alt is level ten, then you are allowed five days unplayed time before it's kicked. If it is level five, it is allowed two days, etc. this goes up to a maximum of two weeks until it hits 70, at which point it is allowed one month, same as your main.

If your main or alt gets kicked, you can log in and request to be invited again. In order for the toon to be reinvited, it must have leveled five more than when I kicked it. This is to stop people from simply reinviting whenever they log in, forcing them into some progression of the character, however miniscule.

If your main is kicked then reinvited, you will have lost whatever rank you had before (I mean, come on, how hard can it be to log in once a month for a while Razz)

Unless anyone has any serious complaints regarding this, I will be implementing the new rules 4 days from now. This will help clear the guild list of all the useless level ones (mine included, I wont pretend i'm not guilty of the neglection of alts). With luck, it will help clear the guild roster of inactives, and help give me an idea on just how many guildies we have.

Seriously. I have no idea, and it scares me No

Cheers!
-Dis
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fptg.darkbb.com
Nights

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2008-04-19
Location : Somewhere in the middle of nowhere(Canada is not nowhere!)

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:58 am

Dismeeir wrote:
Ok, we are literally besieged by alts at the moment and I'm putting in new rules to help fix this.

All main characters (whichever one you play the most) are allowed a period of 1 month inactivity. If you go beyond one month without contact or posting on the forums why you arent playing, you will be assumed to have quit, and kicked.

For every level your alt is, you are allowed half the level in unplayed time, rounded down. So, if your alt is level ten, then you are allowed five days unplayed time before it's kicked. If it is level five, it is allowed two days, etc. this goes up to a maximum of two weeks until it hits 70, at which point it is allowed one month, same as your main.

If your main or alt gets kicked, you can log in and request to be invited again. In order for the toon to be reinvited, it must have leveled five more than when I kicked it. This is to stop people from simply reinviting whenever they log in, forcing them into some progression of the character, however miniscule.

If your main is kicked then reinvited, you will have lost whatever rank you had before (I mean, come on, how hard can it be to log in once a month for a while Razz)

Unless anyone has any serious complaints regarding this, I will be implementing the new rules 4 days from now. This will help clear the guild list of all the useless level ones (mine included, I wont pretend i'm not guilty of the neglection of alts). With luck, it will help clear the guild roster of inactives, and help give me an idea on just how many guildies we have.

Seriously. I have no idea, and it scares me No

Cheers!
-Dis

*whines*

Well, might as well explain the situation to stay in this guild. The posting in the forums component is done, where I warn about my inactivity thanks to camping. I will probably off most of hte summer because of that AND the possibility of only being able to renew my WoW account in late august (less of a waste of $$ if I renew it after most of the camping is done)

My only char is Varrahur, my main, for future reference or just for clarification. As for the rule, I find it makes sense, but then again, I might get an accidental kick because I would have not been able to use any form of internet for 6 weeks... As for the alts, they would receive a month of inactivity free time at lvl 56 (56 / 2 = 28 ~ a month) so I might suggest that the alts receive mian status at som 6X lvl (because it takes time to go from 60 to 70) and maybe harshen the requirements for lower lvl's and loosen at higher lvls (I mean, lvling 5 lcl if you were 58 to 63 will take time. Heck, I barely manage that much in a month!)

As for more details about the renewing of my WoW account, I currently lack any way of getting any payment deal done so I have to manage qith aagreements with my father (which aren't that bad) so he might press the point that it is a waste of $$$ if I renew it in july (ends in the end of june I believe) and won't be there 80% of the time.

Anyhow, I can manage ot post once in a while!

Hope I stay in!

Varrahur/Nights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dismeeir
Admin
avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-04-16
Location : In your forum, deleting your posts

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 am

As I said, all it takes is five levels and an invite request. But surely you can't expect me to let people keep ranks if they can't afford to log in once every half month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fptg.darkbb.com
Nights

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2008-04-19
Location : Somewhere in the middle of nowhere(Canada is not nowhere!)

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Dismeeir wrote:
As I said, all it takes is five levels and an invite request. But surely you can't expect me to let people keep ranks if they can't afford to log in once every half month.

I unsderstand that, but just so you know the position I am in right now. I hope you'll understand -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exablo



Posts : 3
Join date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am

I find these rules fair enough. i will explain the rules to sorrel when he gets home

Thanks for keeping us all informed drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hakutaku

avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2008-05-09
Location : Shizuoka, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:24 am

Rules sound great! It's not like its that difficult to log in once a month, but it should keep the guild ranks nice and active.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blinkdeath

avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:36 am

Just to add to the rules you have put up, can we please label our alts? I always find I don't know who I'm talking to which is kind of annoying Smile. I think it will be good to find out how many members we actually have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nights

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2008-04-19
Location : Somewhere in the middle of nowhere(Canada is not nowhere!)

PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Blinkdeath wrote:
Just to add to the rules you have put up, can we please label our alts? I always find I don't know who I'm talking to which is kind of annoying Smile. I think it will be good to find out how many members we actually have.

From what I know, I believe Dis's, Sorrel's, and 2 more character alts are labeled already! (Dis has Stomp and Entrantist) And I get your point. I think it's somewhere in ther public note.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild   

Back to top Go down
 
Rules Regarding Inactivity with Mains and Alts in the Guild
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)
» Rules and Guidelines for hosting a party
» LEGENDARY BATTLE SCENARIO RULES
» Need Imperial Flyer Rules
» rules for warbands or skirmish

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting Polygon Team :: Fighting Polygon Team :: Guild/Forum Rules-
Jump to: